No visit to Dublin would be complete without a trip to the Phoenix Park. As the largest walled park in Europe it contains a wealth of family activities and things to do.
What can we do in the Phoenix Park
The list is almost endless:
- Visit Dublin’s award winning Zoo: a magical day out for all the family the zoo houses over 400 different animals from all over the world.
- Tour Aras an Uachtarain: although the tour is free every Saturday tickets are issued on a first come first served basis from the Phoenix Park Visitors Centre.
- Tour Farmleigh House: formally owned by the Guinness Family this stately home dates back to the mid-nineteenth century, now it is owned by the Irish Government and used for state occasions. Once not in use by the government it is open for tours.
- Deer spotting: the phoenix park has been home to a heard of fallow deer since they were hunted by the gentry in the 17th century. Today’s heard are direct decedents of those original deer.
- Explore and play: the park contains so much open space, forest, trails and a playground to explore. Bring kites and any sporting equipment you have, there’s lots of room to use it all.
15 Minute Drive Away
The Phoenix Park is only a 15 minute drive from the Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley. If you are puckish after a busy day why not have dinner back at the hotel in one of our many restaurant options
For a hotel near Phoenix Park, book now.LESS INFORMATION